Search Engines are indexing Facebook pages and this can help drive business to your website. Of course, you can’t drive business if you haven’t created a page.
The first step is creating a personal profile page on Facebook. Here is the link to creating a profile on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com
From there you can create a Fan Page for your business. Here is the link to create a Fan Page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/create.php
Once you have the page created, it is time to decide on the title for your page. Think about what words people will search for in order to find your business. Use these key words abundantly in your title! This is probably the most important piece of advice in this article.
If you have the time and want to create the Fan Page yourself, here are a few resources to help guide you through the process and help you determine successful strategies:
- How to: Set Up a Winning Facebook Fan Page: http://mashable.com/2009/09/22/facebook-pages-guide/
- 5 Steps for Creating a FANtastic Facebook Fan Page: http://www.marketingprofs.com/articles/2009/3086/ten-steps-for-creating-a-fantastic-facebook-fan-page
- 5 Elements of a Successful Facebook Fan Page: http://mashable.com/2009/03/30/successful-facebook-fan-page/
- How to Create A Facebook Page: http://www.squidoo.com/facebookpage
Creating, maintaining and continuing to create valuable content for a fan page can be a lot of work. Here are some statistics from a study by Sysomos:
- On average, a Facebook Page has 4,596 fans.
- Four percent of pages have more than 10,000 fans, 0.76% of pages have more than 100,000 fans, and 0.05% of pages (or 297 in total) have more than a million fans.
- Pages with more than one million fans have nearly three times as much owner-generated content as the average Facebook page. (Where “owner-generated content” means things like photos, videos, and links posted by the page’s administrators.)
- Pages with more than one million fans have nearly 60 times as much fan-generated content (photos, videos) as the average Facebook page.
- On an average Facebook Page, the administrators create one wall post every 15.7 days. Among pages with more than one million fans, one wall post is created for every 16.1 days. This suggests that wall post frequency does not correlate with a page’s popularity.
- Overall, the most popular “category” for Facebook pages is “non-profits”, while “celebrities”, “music”, and “products” are the most popular categories among pages with more than one million fans.
If you are looking for assistance creating, maintaining and managing a Facebook Fan Page, a Social Media Virtual Assistant can assist you with creating a Facebook Fan Page that makes your fans say WOW and want to come back and interact with you and your team. Let us Help you get back to doing what you Love!