Online Video Marketing is one of the fastest growing marketing channels available to an entrepreneur. It is expected that video will be the leader in internet traffic growth through 2014. Online video sharing has exploded through sites like YouTube, Facebook and other social bookmarking sites. In addition, video is often more persuasive and engaging than text or audio alone.
Video allows your customer to get to meet you personally while you gain an additional channel for distributing content and developing your brand. Video can spread virally and help create a huge buzz about you and your company. Behind the scene, video can help you generate better SEO and link building for your website.
Another reason small businesses are attracted to online video marketing is the cost effectiveness. Recording the original video can be fairly inexpensive while that video continues to play on the web months and even years later.
Creating effective video starts with researching what is currently out on the web in your particular niche. Understanding the following areas will help you produce a better video campaign:
1) What competitors are currently utilizing the video medium? –
- What content are they providing?
- Are their videos being watched? Are they receiving comments?
- What are their most popular tags and keywords?
2) What types of video are available?
- Screen Capture – Demonstration
- Talking Head Video
Once you have a clear understanding of what is currently being used in your area of expertise, you can start to craft your marketing strategy. I would suggest using a basic project planning strategy for this process:
1) Assessment –
- What is your motivation for adding Online Video Marketing to your marketing arsenal? Do you want to improve your SEO?
- List of keywords
- What are competitors doing?
- Who do you want to find your videos?
2) Creation Process –
- Determine best type of video for your niche.
- Do you have content already produced that could be re-created using the video format?
3) Goal Formation –
- List of specific goals taken from your main motivation for adding Online Video Marketing.
- Video Design Schedule
- Video Marketing Outlets to utilize (YouTube, Facebook)
4) Evaluation of Online Video Marketing advertising campaign
- Determine what videos are creating the most ROI
- Observe which venues are most effective
- Are you meeting your goals?
Now that you have a plan in place, here are some hints for making a productive video campaign that reaches your primary audience
1) Make short and to the point videos.
2) Provide content that your target audience will be interested in viewing.
3) Don’t forget to include your URL in your video.
4) Remember to build your video’s content based on your keyword list
5) A great way to produce great content is to utilize what you’ve already created, including articles, posts, PDFs, ebooks.
6) And last, but not least, associate your videos with popular videos already out there in your niche.
Once you have a completed video campaign ready, you need to maximize your exposure through all the available channels. Here are few I’d suggest:
- Blogs – Your own Business Blog, as a Guest Post on other Blogs
- Video Sharing Sites – YouTube, Google Video, Metacafe
- Social Networks – Facebook, Twitter
- Social Bookmarking Sites – Del.ic.ious, Stumbleupon
- Video Podcasting Sites – iTunes
- Niche Social Networks – List of Niche Social Networking Sites
If you need help along the way, an experienced Social Media Virtual Assistant is an expert in these areas and can help you surpass the goals you set for your Online Video Marketing campaign.
Jodi Crosby, Smart Virtual Assistant for You, is a mom and an entrepreneur committed to working with small business owners. My goal is to enable you to accomplish your goals while leaving the administrative tasks to a professional. I understand that being in business for yourself, while very rewarding is also very challenging. Smart Virtual Assistant for You can help. Visithttp://smartvaforu.com. Follow Jodi on Twitter @SmartVAforU