What??? Are you asking what the heck is an “Inny” or an “Onny”? Would you like me to explain? OK. First, I am NOT talking about belly buttons. I am talking about entrepreneurs and business owners.
An “Inny” is someone who is stuck working IN their business. An “Onny” is someone who is joyfully working ON their business. The first someone is doing all the day-to-day tasks, meeting with clients, managing email, blogging, sending the newsletter and basically doing it all without any help.
The second someone is happily delegating all the “back-end” work to a Virtual Assistant or Online Business Manager. They’re doing the work they love, the things they do best, growing their business by leaps and bounds, and spending time on their self-care. They are also spending time with their family and friends. They are truly enjoying business ownership.
If you are an “Inny” working like a slave to run your business and follow your passion, it’s time to get help. Follow these steps to finding the ideal Virtual Assistant or Online Business Manager and begin delegating your way to success and happiness.
1. Take time to document all that you do in a day.
2. Determine which tasks can be delegated.
3. Prioritize the tasks that can be delegated by importance and frequency.
4. Once you know what you can delegate, search for VAs and OBMs online via Google, Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn. Ask your colleagues who they recommend as well.
5. Make a list of those people that you believe would be a good fit for you.
6. Interview those people and make a decision.
7. Hire that person and begin delegating your way to freedom, success, increased income and more time for yourself, friends and family.
Enjoy your business again. Follow your passion to your heart’s content. Live the life you’ve always dreamed of. Stop being an “Inny” and become a joyful “Onny” today.