We all know how difficult it is for entrepreneurs to manage time efficiently. The increased workload that comes with the holiday season makes it the perfect time to try out the services of a helpful and resourceful Virtual Assistant. With the holiday season accounting for a large percentage of most small business sales, there are a multitude of opportunities to utilize a Virtual Assistant. The goal of this post is to provide a list of tasks that can (and probably should) be delegated to your Virtual Assistant.
1) Mailing List Maintenance – Do you have a mailing list? If not, we can create a list from a multitude of resources such as, your email contacts, business cards, and your cell phone contacts. Sometimes a little research is needed but a viable list can usually be put together quickly. If you like, a Virtual Assistant can create and maintain this list through an online newsletter program allowing you to send out newsletters on a regular basis.
2) Holiday Promotion – What is one of your most time intensive projects for the holiday season? What is one of the most effective tools you can utilize to show your client how much you value their business and keep your name and product in front of your customer? It’s the Holiday Promotion. Everyone knows how imperative it is to use this tool effectively. A Virtual Assistant can:
- Help Design and Order Brochures, Cards, Calendars, Flyers, or Postcards
- Print out envelopes and put on postage
- Help write out personal notes to each recipient
- Set Up an Email campaign, if that is your preferred method of delivery
Save time and energy, delegate this important project to a Virtual Assistant!
3) Start Your Marketing Plan for the Upcoming Year – Think about the feeling of liberation you will fee knowing you’ve already started the upcoming years marketing plan. Let a Virtual Assistant help you:
- Brainstorm to determine your marketing goals
- Create campaigns via social media, email, newsletter or post based on these goals
- Set Up a Plan to determine your Return On Investment for each marketing campaign
4) Research Holiday Gifts – Virtual Assistants are flexible in what they can do for you. We can be strictly a business related assistant or we can help out with a few personal tasks as well. This is a good example of both. Do you need a holiday gift to send to your special clients? Something smaller but also personal to send to all of your clients? What about those big ticket items for your family? A Virtual Assistant can research holiday gifts and then make the purchase after you have made the decision.
Set Up Travel Arrangements – Making travel arrangements can take time and a bit of flexibility. We can set up air travel, hotel, and rental car, arrange for tickets for events, book a cruise, and even organize a tour at your holiday destination.
6) Plan Holiday Parties – This is another example where a Virtual Assistant can be utilized for personal or business use. Do you need a small holiday gathering for a few friends? What about a larger party for your clients? Even that
big family get together can be arranged for you. Let a Virtual Assistant contact the caterers, the venue, send out invitations, and even maintain the attendee list.
Here is an idea…… give the gift of a Virtual Assistant to your friends and clients. A lot of VA’s offer gift certificates for their services. What a creative, time saving gift that will be much appreciated during the busy holiday season.
Of course, a Virtual Assistant can be helpful the entire year not just during the holidays. Check out some of the possible tasks that you could be delegating right now:
1) Research – Marketing, Industry, Product, Contractor/Vendor, Networking
2) Data Management – Data Entry, Data Review, Fact Checking, Fact Finding, Record Management, Subject Matter Briefs
3) Finances – Quicken, Taxes, Invoicing, Bill Payment, Bill Audit
4) Marketing – Social Media Marketing, Email Campaigns, SEO, Internet Marketing, Web design
Here is a great list of 51 Virtual Assistant Tasks to Save You Time and Money.
A Virtual Assistant will help alleviate the administrative load from your shoulders and allow you to get back to doing what you Love!
Jodi Crosby, Smart Virtual Assistant for You, is a mom and an entrepreneur committed to working with small business owners. My goal is to enable you to accomplish your goals while leaving the administrative tasks to a professional. I understand that being in business for yourself, while very rewarding is also very challenging. Smart Virtual Assistant for You can help. Visit http://smartvaforu.com. Follow Jodi on Twitter @SmartVAforU