There was a time when shampoo bottles had instructions that told you to lather, rinse and repeat. In today’s business world, there are many things we do that require multiple steps repeated again and again. These repetitive processes can make running a business monotonous and frustrating.
If you have a lot of repetitive processes in your business, it’s time to create systems around them and then delegate them to a Virtual Assistant or Online Business Manager. Here are 7 tips to help you get these repetitive tasks off your plate.
- Take a few days to pay attention to what you are doing each day to run your business.
- Pay particular attention to the tasks that have multiple steps and repeat regularly.
- Write down the task and the steps involved in each step.
- Send the list of tasks and associated steps to your Virtual Assistant or Online Business Manager.
- Your VA or OBM will then create a new system for each task.
- Review the systems created by your VA or OBM for accuracy and completeness.
- Determine a deadline or schedule for these new systems and delegate them to your Virtual Assistant or Online Business Manager.
Once this is done, you can take a second look at your time to be sure you’ve found all the repetitive processes involved in your business. In other words, “rinse and repeat.” Once you have delegated all these new systems to your VA or OBM, you can get back to doing what you love, following your passion and taking time for yourself, your family and your friends. Enjoy!