As Labor Day draws near, many business owners are getting ready for an uptick in business as clients, vendors and colleagues return from their vacations. Is your office fully supplied for the fall? Just like kids who need to get markers and notebooks for back-to-school season, you should make sure your office has all the supplies you need to ensure an easy transition out of vacation mode.
So you don’t miss a thing, here’s a helpful checklist arranged by the area in your office where the items are most frequently used:
- Pens, pencils, markers, highlighters, erasers, white-out
- Stapler, staples, tape dispenser, tape, glue
- Paperclips and binder clips, rubber bands, brass round-head paper fasteners
- Scissors, hole punch, paper cutter, ruler
- Calculator, ink refills, rolls of paper for calculator
- Notebooks, sticky notes, specialized paper such as accounting ledger sheets, payroll paper, or other pre-printed forms
- Mailing supplies: stamps or postage meter, assorted size envelopes & boxes, overnight forms, box tape, utility knife
- Calendars or desk diaries, business card cases or holders
- File folders, hanging folders, filing cabinets or file boxes, binders, dividers
- Whiteboard and dry-erase markers or corkboard and pushpins
2. Computer and Printer
- Wireless keyboard and mouse for ergonomics
- Reams of white and colored paper
- Ink, toner
- Screen glare filters, privacy screens
- Compressed air to clean dust away
- Screen wipes
- Ergonomic office chair (your dining room table & chairs will cause neck and back strain!)
- Traditional or standing desk
- Screen/monitor riser to lift computer screen to eye-level
- Foot rest or stool
4. Software & Apps
- Group calendar & email program
- Tracking app for hours or projects worked
- Invoicing program
- Bookkeeping program
- Apps for tracking social media marketing performance
You can use this list as a starting point for your business and can add other items that are essential to your business. If you are lucky, you can take advantage of all the Labor Day sales offered by many stores, too!
If you are too busy to shop or unsure of what you need to buy, a virtual assistant can help. She can discuss what your needs might be and help you determine which products to purchase. She can order your office supplies online and have them shipped directly to you.
If you want to stock up without the hassle, let me know – I’ll take care of it for you!