A great way to connect with your clients and make them feel listened to is to send them a survey. Asking for their feedback on a few questions is both flattering to them, (you’re soliciting their valuable opinion) and useful to you (you get to learn more about what they want and need).
If you don’t have any burning questions that you’re dying to know the answers to, it’s still very worthwhile to send a survey to clients. Not only can you get information you otherwise wouldn’t have, but you also send them the message that you are actively working to provide value.
What to Ask
Keep it simple and ask yes/no questions, or create a multiple-choice answer panel. If you must ask open-ended questions, limit it to just one or two so you don’t wind up having to read novel-length essays your clients send.
For example, let’s say you’re a professional coach whose main revenue stream comes from seminar registration fees. You could tailor your survey to the most recent seminar you taught. Some yes/no questions might be:
• Did you receive your seminar welcome packet and course materials in a timely manner?
• Were you able to access all areas of the seminar website?
• Were you satisfied with the thoroughness of course material?
• Did you feel that the coach was available to you for support and assistance?
• Were you able to complete course registration successfully without any problems?
Then if you want to open it up to longer or more personalized answers, it’s a good idea to ask respondents to limit their answers to three or four sentences. Some useful questions might be:
• What was the most valuable component of the seminar to you?
• What, if any, areas would you have liked more instruction on?
• In just a few words, what other issues would you like to mention?
Please and Thank You
Don’t forget to ask graciously for their feedback, and repeatedly thank respondents for their time. If you can give them an inexpensive gift or valuable extra content as a show of gratitude, or enter them into a drawing for a larger prize, that’s always a great incentive that boosts response.
Writing surveys and analyzing the results can take some time. But you don’t have to do it all yourself. Your Virtual Assistant can create and send surveys to your list, tally the results, and send them to you in an easy-to-read spreadsheet.
Contact me today, and we can get that survey out to your clients in no time flat!