Trying to think of an enticing way to hook people into your newsletter? Having a tough time coming up with dynamic email marketing copy? Frustrated by feelings that your writing is a bit… well… boring? Never fear, it’s not hard to write crisp, clear copy that moves your clients to respond! I have some secrets to unlocking your creativity that really work, and I’m happy to share them with you.
1. Get your body moving. If you have writer’s block, one sure way to get your brain working is to get your blood flowing. Go for a run, do some yoga, even just go for a brisk walk. The more your body is working, the harder your heart pumps and brings oxygen to your brain.
2. Get a drink of water. Dehydration is no joke, especially in the summer. It can make you feel lethargic and cranky and can blunt your normally sharp mind. Try to drink about eight glasses of water per day to be certain you’re well hydrated. No caffeinated beverages, though (sorry, coffee lovers!) as they are diuretics.
3. Get enough rest. You probably already know this one by now. Without sufficient sleep, your brain simply cannot work at its best. Eight hours a night. Make it a priority, and you’ll not only feel smarter than ever, but you’ll also (bonus!) boost your mood, too.
4. Play with words. A great way to crack writer’s block is to start with language as familiar to you as, say, the back of your hand. Try this exercise: Make a list of all the clichés and commonly used phrases you can think of, such as:
- Dead as a doornail
- Took off like a shot
- What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger
- Don’t judge a book by its cover
- Better safe than sorry
Once you’ve got a good long list, mix them up. Make them as absurd or silly as you can, and don’t hesitate to invent new ones. You’ll have a good laugh over creations like “don’t judge a book by its beauty because it’s only cover-deep.” It doesn’t have to be pithy or even publishable, but it will help you feel less panicked at the thought of your deadline.
5. Don’t do it. That’s right, simply don’t do all that writing – yourself. Sometimes you might be already overwhelmed with other important tasks that there’s just no creativity to spare. And occasionally you won’t have enough time to write everything that’s needed. In those instances, it’s a huge relief to simply outsource it.
When you work with a virtual assistant, she can connect you with professional, experienced copywriters who produce inspiring work. All you have to do is ask for help.
Contact me today, and your copywriting stress – not to mention your writer’s block – will disappear. I promise.