Writing a compelling newsletter every week (or even every month) while you’re trying to run your business can get overwhelming. Your time is precious, so here are five hacks you can implement right away that will smooth out your brainstorming process and help you create great content in a snap.
- Look at the competition. In fact, sign up for their newsletters so you can see what they’re up to. Then you can write about the same topics from a different angle, provide an opposing perspective, or offer a better solution.
- Look at the data. Customer behavior tells you a lot about what they care about. Look for a particular product that sells more than anything else, an email that triggers an unexpectedly high response, or a web page that gets more traffic than others. The content of those should be the content of many juicy newsletter articles.
- Be the solution your customers are looking for. Share your wisdom and help your customers avoid problems or difficulties. What deeper insights or handy tips can you share?
- Write the answers to your customers’ most frequently asked questions. Tackle one question at a time and respond to it thoroughly. You can even turn these questions and answers into an FAQ you can post in your newsletter as well as on your website.
- Turn it around and send a survey! Ask your community about their pain points and what makes them happy. Craft the questions so that the answers will be yes/no or on a simple scale. Remember that your community values their time as much as you do, so don’t force them to write a novel in response.
Remember, to really grow your business, it’s critical to outsource important operations functions (like your newsletter) to pros so you can focus on the big picture. You can get your Online Business Manager to connect you with copywriters and strategists who can start crafting copy on relevant topics to your business, and grow your list.
Think you’re ready to outsource your business operations to an OBM? Find out for sure by taking my quick quiz!