Tina Forsyth has been in the coaching business a LONG time, and she’s learned some important lessons along the way.
Tina founded the International Association of Online Business Managers in 2009, and since then, she’s been helping powerful women break free of imposter syndrome and make a difference through their work.
But Tina’s advice for scaling your business might surprise you…
Instead of leading her clients through a series of “how-to” steps, Tina believes that the secret to success lies in how we lead ourselves.
“If you can’t lead yourself beyond a certain point, you can’t lead your team, business, or clients beyond that point either.”
Tina says that your business is one of your biggest opportunities for personal growth – but you have to be willing to take a cold, hard look at yourself and your practices through the lens of self-leadership. And that starts when you ask yourself 3 important questions:
- Who am I?
- How am I showing up in the world?
- Am I living in a way that really becomes an example and an inspiration for those around me?
Looking at your business through the lens of self-leadership helps you identify harmful patterns that hold you back and prevent you from taking your business to the next level.
We all have our blind spots when it comes to our own business practices. In fact, Tina says we sometimes have blind spots over our blinders! But when we look at these blind spots as opportunities for personal growth, we can overcome them and build a better business.
“The habit of self-leadership begins with awareness of what you need to learn about yourself, where you need to step out more, and where you need to take courageous action.”
Your self-leadership journey begins with self-reflection:
- Identify your problem patterns. What is happening, and why does it keep happening over and over?
- Find the deeper feelings that are lurking beneath the problem. Is it self-doubt? Imposter syndrome? You must identify the true source of your problem before you can overcome it.
- Are you REALLY asking for what you need? We often fail to ask for the support we need because we’re afraid of inconveniencing people or asking for too much – and that keeps us stuck in overwhelm.
- Are you still demanding perfection from yourself? Time to move beyond that! Perfection is unattainable and rooted in the fear of letting people down. When you can overcome perfectionism, you’re free to pursue the success you truly desire.
To hear more of Tina Forsyth’s impeccable advice on strengthening your self-leadership skills, check out this episode of Building Your Empire with SophieZo, then visit https://tinaforsyth.com/ to learn more about her self-leadership program.