You’re always looking for new ways to create fresh content for your audience, and podcasts and videos are two great options. But which one is best for your business?
They both have lots of points in their favor, so let’s look at the pros of each to get an idea of which one might better benefit your business.
- Build a personal connection with your audience
- Great for business owners who might be camera shy
- Listeners can tune in anytime, anywhere, allowing them to listen even when they’re doing other things
- Podcasts are growing in popularity and attracting new listeners every day
- Podcasts are easy and inexpensive to produce
- Video is the future of online content
- Viewers are less likely to get distracted while watching a video
- Videos are excellent for explaining technical concepts, or demonstrating products
- Allows viewers to see the face behind the business and get a better sense of your personality
- Increase your online presence, improve your SEO, and boost your social media engagement
Still not sure which one is right for you? Why not try both?! Use podcasts if most of your topics are more personal and story-based, or when you have colleagues or guests that can contribute their ideas on a topic. If you decide to start a podcast, make sure you create a schedule and stick to it! You’ll need a consistent schedule of new episodes to keep your listeners coming back for more.
If you’re trying to explain a technical topic, or demonstrate your product, video is definitely your best bet. But you might also prefer video if you have a sparkling, expressive personality and really want to get face-to-face with your audience.
No matter which one you choose, you’ll be creating fresh, engaging content and building a stronger connection with your customers. You can’t go wrong!
If you’re ready to test the waters with a podcast or video, the marketing specialists at SophieZo can help! Book a call today!