Your website is your home base- it’s the door to your virtual business- and you want to bring in lots of visitors!
Let’s start by sprucing up your website!
- Take a cold, hard look at your website- pretend you’re a first-time visitor- what’s the first impression your website makes? If it’s not giving the welcome you want, it’s time for an upgrade.
- Consider redesigning your font, colors and graphics to better reflect your brand’s image.
- Comb your content for dead links that slow down your site or outdated info that needs to be refreshed.
- Add internal links to direct your visitors to your top content like your blog or your services page.
Once you’ve upgraded your site, it’s time to focus on increasing your traffic!
- Evaluate your keyword strategy- make a list of keywords for your business and check out the keywords your competition is using, as well. Go back and add clear and accurate title tags to content and images as needed and repeat this step often! Keyword algorithms change frequently, so you’ll need to stay on top of yours and revise them regularly.
- Update your best content and give it a second run- you can add new stats and links or repackage it into something completely new!
- Boost your visibility by finding ways to introduce your brand to a whole new audience. Collaborate with colleagues to guest blog, take part in panel discussions or appear on their podcast.
To get more ideas on improving your website, creating top-notch content, and bringing in more visitors than ever before, check out this week’s episode of Building Your Empire with SophieZo!