These days it seems like every brand has their own podcast- and why wouldn’t they? Podcasts are awesome!!
They’re yet another opportunity to connect with your customers, and they offer something emails, blogs, and social media don’t- the ability to go ANYWHERE! And not only are they super accessible, they are incredibly informative. If you want to do a deep dive into a topic, a podcast is the way to go.
I started my podcast almost a year ago because I had so many things that I wanted to share, and I wanted to find the best way to get all my best tips and tricks to my favorite people, so Building Your Empire was born!
Since my first episode, I’ve learned A LOT! And now, I want to share some of my best podcasting advice with you. If you’ve been toying with the idea of starting a podcast, here are a few tips that will help you stop thinking about it and GO FOR IT!
- Don’t overthink it! You have so many great things to talk about! You’re an expert in your business, and you have tons of helpful, interesting information to share.
- Consider the things you want people to know about your brand. Why is what you do so important? How are you making people’s lives better or easier? Think about all the amazing things you do and start writing them down- there’s your topic list.
- Keep it short and sweet. A podcast that comes in under 30 minutes is plenty of time to delve into a topic without taking up too much of your (or your listeners’!) valuable time.
- Create an outline! Even the most prolific public speaker wouldn’t take the stage without notes, and you shouldn’t either. Whether you choose to write a full script, or just an outline with talking points, having a plan for your podcast keeps you on track and prevents rambling or awkward pauses.
- Don’t stress if you make a mistake. You might trip over your words, mispronounce something, or fall victim to an ill-timed sneeze. No worries- you’ve got the magic of editing to smooth out any rough spots!
- Get the right tech. You need a noise canceling mic that delivers high quality audio, recording software with great editing capabilities, and a podcast hosting site. There are lots of options available, so look around to find the best fit.
That’s all you need to start your own podcast! Easy, right? So, what’s stopping you?
I want to challenge you this week to take some time to think about starting a podcast of your own. Start by setting a timer for 10 minutes and brainstorming a list of topic ideas. Once you’ve got that, I have a feeling you’ll be inspired to give it a shot!
If you’d like to learn more about podcasting, check out this week’s episode of Building Your Empire with SophieZo.