Content is king, but creating it takes LOTS of time!
Rather than reinventing the wheel day after day, let’s look at new ways to reuse your existing content. Not only will it save you time and money, it will give you the chance to try new avenues with content that’s already proven to be a top performer.
First, let’s define the difference between content recycling and repurposing:
- Recycling means taking your evergreen content, or your top-performing content such as popular blog posts and making small changes or updates. You might add some new information, update some statistics, links, or keywords, but you’re not making major changes to the content or the format. You’re basically giving it a second run. It’s a chance to introduce new audiences to content that’s proven to be successful.
- Repurposing completely changes the format or the purpose of the original content, and it’s a little more labor intensive. It’s still easier than creating content from scratch, but it definitely takes more time and effort than recycling.
When you decide to repurpose content, it helps to pinpoint exactly WHY you’re doing it. Are you trying to reach new potential clients? Are you debuting a new product or service? Are you updating your message to fit the current climate? Are you trying out new opportunities to expand your brand awareness?
Knowing exactly what you want to achieve helps you determine the best way to repurpose your content.
There are so many ways you can give your top content a second chance to shine! Consider ideas like:
- Pulling information from a popular blog post to start a podcast or take part in a conference.
- Developing a new lead magnet by turning an article into a free checklist or guide.
- Creating a video based on a blog post, or developing a webinar from a how-to post.
There are endless ways to use your content in brand-new ways. To learn more about using your existing content to reach new audiences, enter new markets, and pursue new opportunities, check out this week’s episode of Building Your Empire with SophieZo.