Microcontent is an important part of your overall content strategy that often gets overlooked!
Microcontent is loosely defined as short content that delivers stand-alone information that can be consumed in under 30 seconds- basically any short piece of information that your audience can process in under 30 seconds.
You create plenty of headlines, videos, summaries, intros, infographics, images – but are you REALLY putting a lot of thought into them??
One of the biggest factors in the rise of short snippets of content is the ever-shrinking attention span. We know that brands have an incredibly small window to grab the attention of the average consumer- approximately 8-10 seconds. It takes some seriously eye-catching content to hook them and draw them in instead of their scrolling right along.
That’s why microcontent needs to be a BIG part of your content strategy. If you overlook opportunities to grab audience attention, you’ll miss out on chances to connect and convert. So, let’s take a look at how you can create quality microcontent that gets your brand the attention it deserves!
- Remember that microcontent is often a potential client’s first experience with your brand.
- If you want them to seek out more information about your business, you’ve got to hook them with content that instantly piques their curiosity.
- You can break down your existing longform content to create excellent microcontent.
- Microcontent to inspire longer assets! That quote you shared might inspire you to create a video, or a fascinating fact could be the starting point for your next blog post.
- Microcontent works best when you think of it as a relationship-building tool.
- Microcontent is an excellent source for creating highly personalized content that appeals to all the different personality types that make up your target audience.
- Build loyalty through microcontent- it hooks a potential client’s initial interest and keeps them coming back for more!
When you look at all the things microcontent can do for your brand awareness, it’s easy to see how important it is to make it an important part of your marketing strategy.
To learn more about maximizing your microcontent, tune in to this week’s episode of Building Your Empire with SophieZo!