When you think about relationship building tools a lot of things come to mind- social media, webinars, podcasts, and more.
In today’s digital world, we have countless ways to connect with our customers, but that doesn’t mean we should overlook the old standbys…
One of the best ways to reach out to your customers is with a good, old-fashioned newsletter!
Okay, okay, I know what you’re thinking… Newsletters are old news (pun intended!). Who puts out a newsletter in today’s digital world??
Smart business owners, that’s who!
Newsletters have obviously changed form a bit- no more mailed brochures these days- but that email newsletter still packs a punch!
Your newsletter tells your customers more about your company. It gives them an opportunity to get to know you better. That email is a personal touch that shows that you want to reach out and connect with your customers.
Still not convinced? Okay, let’s start by talking about some of the MANY reasons you should have a newsletter:
- Newsletters are an EXCELLENT relationship building tool.
- Newsletters make your company memorable.
- Newsletters boost your reputation and build trust with your audience.
- They can improve web traffic and increase social media followers.
- Each subscriber expands your customer database.
Newsletters are starting to look like a smart strategy after all, right? Okay, so now let’s talk tips for writing a newsletter that people WANT to read:
- Keep it short and simple.
- Your newsletter design should be attractive, professional, and easy to read.
- Keep your newsletter consistent with your brand’s look.
- Optimize your newsletter for mobile devices.
Once you’ve got your design down, you’re going to need some content to go in that newsletter, right? So, let’s look at some of the things you could feature in your newsletter:
- Your company’s story
- Letter from the president or other key team member
- Behind the scenes video tours
- Team member spotlight
- Upcoming events
- Podcast news
- Tips list or how-to features
- Case studies or industry news
- Blogs or articles
- Polls and surveys
- Personal favorites- quotes, books, movies, and playlists
Newsletters have been around forever, and there’s a reason for that- they work! Newsletters are one of the easiest, least expensive ways to build a lasting relationship with your customer.
If you’ve got questions or you’re interested in producing a newsletter but aren’t really sure where to start, call or shoot me an email. I’ll be happy to give you some tips or hook you up with my team to get the ball rolling. Or you can tune in and learn more about nailing your newsletter on this week’s episode of Building Your Empire with SophieZo!