Lead magnets are an important part of your success strategy.
You spend a lot of time and money researching, creating, and testing new lead magnets with the hopes they’ll attract prospective new customers and funnel some promising new leads into your sales pipeline. But sometimes lead magnets don’t perform as well as we’d hope, or a good lead magnet becomes stale and outdated…
Don’t stress! You don’t have to ditch a tired or underperforming lead magnet – you simply have to give it a refresh!
There are several things to consider when you’re updating an old lead magnet:
- Pinpoint WHY you’re updating it. Has your target audience changed? Have the pain points you want to address shifted? Has your brand undergone changes with your look, mission, or voice?
- How will you update your lead magnet? Are you going to redesign your format? Add new information? Update your CTA?
- Remember that a good lead magnet has one goal in mind – solve a REAL problem that your customers are facing. Keep that in mind as you’re choosing the content that you want to repurpose. Is it relevant to your audience? Does it solve a problem or make their life easier? Does it have tips and strategies that are easy to implement?
- One of the fastest, easiest ways to update an existing lead magnet is to present that content in a new format. If you previously released an eBook or guide, you could condense it into a checklist, cheat sheet, or tips list. You could turn a checklist into a quiz, or a how-to guide into a video tutorial.
- A lot of business owners rely on website popups to get their lead magnets in front of their customers. Popups aren’t bad – they just might not be as effective as you’d like. You’ve got to consider a variety of ways to promote your lead magnet like social media, video, email, and blog posts.
After that, it’s just a matter of freshening up the design of your lead magnet to best reflect your current branding and giving it a catchy new name. Don’t forget to update your CTA to make it more dynamic and encourage your customers to take action!
If you’d like more tips for refreshing an old lead magnet or strategies for creating a brand new one, check out this week’s episode of Building Your Empire with SophieZo!